Sunday, September 15, 2024

Review: Daydreamer by Susie Tate

Daydreamer Daydreamer by Susie Tate
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was a random purchase based off IG reels and I enjoyed it but it wasn't my absolute favorite. 

I loved Lucy. She is her own person and she is successful and funny. It doesn't matter if she daydreams too much or can't people very well. Each person is their own and we don't have to be like everyone else on the planet. Should Lucy have gone to work in the corporate world when she's so terrible at it for selfish reasons? No. But again, we all are human and make selfish decisions every day honestly. 

Felix had a crappy childhood growing up with a crappy father, so of course he's going to learn crappy behavior and mannerisms from that lifestyle. Does that excuse the way he treated Lucy? 100% not. Should Lucy have forgiven him? Felix showed how much he changed not only to get Lucy back because he genuinely didn't want to be that person, so yes I think it was great she forgave him. 

I think the downfall is this book was the lack of commination between these two characters. They were in each other's worlds but as passing ships even though they were together. Once you start seeing someone, why wouldn't all the secrets come out? Why keep them in the dark just for problems to happen because it's bound to come up and be a big issue and trust will be broken. 

So I'm glad I read this book after being swayed by the reels. Definitely made by book nerd girl happy!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment