The Casanova Complex by Maren MooreMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
I absolutely devoured this book! I love Merritt and Bennet together. They are so feisty and complete opposites, but they just work for each other. I love how Bennett was literally speechless when he met Merritt and that was the whole vibe throughout the whole book. The guy falling first is one of my top tropes and Maren Moore did it so well.
Merritt is such a tough chick. But she's so gooey inside too. Once you are in her circle of people she cares about, she will go to any lengths to make sure you feel seen and adored. I did think her overprotectiveness with Elliott was a bit much once i met him and discovered his age. He is definitely at an age where he can do things (some, not all of course) on his own and I think it was more of Merritt not wanting to let go of her control. I also felt like her two girl friends just disappeared in the middle of the story and didn't reappear or were mentioned again which was a bit odd to me.
Bennett was great, though a bit too cocky to be honest. It was just an act for most of it but still got to be a bit much at times. But I loved that he kept up his grades because he wanted to and not just because of hockey. And him liking things clean and neat and hot annoyed that his roommates didn't feel the same? Loved.
No comments:
Post a Comment