Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Review: Kissed by the Gods by Caty Rogan

Kissed by the Gods Kissed by the Gods by Caty Rogan
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I'm a bit conflicted by this book. I liked it but also... didn't? Not hated it but im indifferent to it? I'm finding it really hard to explain. The story and the world and the characters were all fine but I wasnt consumed by the book. I wanted to see what happened next but was also okay to dnf it. I'm not sure I've ever felt this way about a book before. 

This had the Fourth Wing vibes with the fighting and training and their crew of characters. But doesn't have the deep connections I get with FW. Leina is definitely a fighter and a likeable character but maybe she's not that relatable? I think she's distanced herself from everything after the incident at the wedding and then watching all of her family members for that she blocks herself from feeling emotions or allowing the reader to feel emotions? I mean, she DOES but in a dulled sort of way? 

And Ryot is just a mess. You can tell he's fighting his attraction for Leina right at the beginning and then the reveal at the end about who his family is? That's a giant betrayal to Leina. Their relationship is pretty much doomed.

So yeah... didn't love this book. Didn't hate it. I'm probably not going to continue reading it if I'm already feeling these sorts of ways with book 1. 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment