Deathrider by Juliette CrossMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
This book by far is my favorite in the series! I thought i loved Malina, but Anya has thrown herself into spot #1 and never left. I devoured this book and I'm quite sad it's already done.
Anya is a fierce gladiator and seeing her use her magic was amazing. She has no fear and wields her magic with ease and familiarity. Her shadows haunt her daily but she's learned to accept the curse that comes with her magic.
I love that she discovered that her sister was alive and made it her sole mission to find her after 4 years. She is fearless and so incredibly brave. Nothing was going to get in her way until she was reunited with her family. Seeing her develop feelings towards Alaric was so sweet since she had no clue what was happening, having never felt those feelings before.
Alaric is fantastic. His secrets were pretty easily to figure out but i adored his fascination and commitment to Anya. Honestly the way he reacted at their first meeting, the reader knew he was done for. And Alaric was oh so happy to follow Anya to wherever she may lead him.
The ending? The justice to Caesar? I legit cried because it was definitely the best choice to make. Actually this book had me crying a few times with all of the emotion that came bottling over with reunions and reliving past memories.
I can't think of the last time I liked the LAST book the most, but it definitely happened here. I'm so glad I chose to reread book 1 and binge read through all 3 books to have everything fresh in my mind and be fully immersed into this world. I can't wait to add book 3 to the amazing edges on my shelves and see the trilogy in is entirety!
View all my reviews
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment