Saturday, August 1, 2026

Review: The Curse that Binds by Laura Thalassa

The Curse that Binds The Curse that Binds by Laura Thalassa
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What a great backstory. I love seeing Memnon with Roxi. I loved seeing him more human with more emotion when he first met her before he used so much magic that stripped him of a piece of himself. I absolutely love that he gave her her name! Seeing his family and his town with his people. Seeing how he's ALWAYS adored Roxi since the moment they were just voices in each other's heads. And the moment they met in person and he stole her frim being married only to be wed to him 20 minutes later? I wouldn't love that in person but for their story I was entrapped. 

And Roxi. She's a spitfire! She's definitely a survivor since the moment she lost her family as a child and seeing her absolutely thrive when she's with Memnon and his tribe? I adore that so much! She had to get past her own beliefs to transition to Memnon's lifestyle but I don't think that made her weak or meek. Instead she grew into an amazing woman and witch that was able to take care of herself and the people she loved. 

I am glad Laura Thalassa wrote this book because now we can see the differences between Roxi and Selene. They may be the same soul but they are different people with different ways of doing things. Deep down they have the same goals but that doesn't mean they will get to the resolution the same way. 

So excited to read the conclusion to this love story! 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment