Monday, July 15, 2024

Review: The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein

The Giving Tree The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the shortest book I've read probably and the most impacting.  A story about one party who only wants to give to the one they love, while the other party ends up taking everything from them to benefit themselves.  But the tree loves the boy until the end and that shows true love and joy from the tree, that no matter how much the boy wanted, she was willing to give him everything of her.  And yet, when he needed one last thing that didn't involve her sacrifice, she still gave it to him.  

So many emotions came from this tiny book and this author did a fantastic job of portraying those just in the dialogue and simple drawings.  I'm glad a friend recommended this to me as it will stay with me for years to come.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment