Saturday, July 6, 2024

Review: Reckless by Lauren Roberts

Reckless Reckless by Lauren Roberts
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The way this book just picks up moments after book 1 finished is amazing. Action, adventure, betrayal, conflicting feelings, survival. This book had it all and so much more, especially the intensity between Paedyn and Kai. These two have been gravitating around each other for so long I'm shocked they are still able to resist each other. Both have their purpose in life that had nothing to do with each other, but the pull between them is unignorable. 

Pae had been through so much in such a short amount of time and she didn't just get to grieve for everything that she's been through. And during this journey she will doesn't get to process, but keeps getting more and more thrown at her. Honestly I'd give up if I were her. Which makes me a terrible martyr so thank goodness Pae is nothing like me. 

And Kai keeps putting duty above everything else and I'm about to knock a few of his teeth loose. Why does he own his loyalty to a family who is only raising him to be a weapon? I think it's unfair and for him to sacrifice everything he wants for his duty is baloney. 

So much happens between Kai and Paedyn in this book but not a whole lot else occurs to be honest. Which I'm completely okay with because I love the moments between these two so much. 

I'm bummed I have to wait for book 3 and can see myself rereading the whole series to get caught back up for that long awaited day. I'm glad I dived into this second installment and I can't wait to see how it ends! 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment