Thursday, May 23, 2024

Review: A Dawn of Onyx by Kate Golden

A Dawn of Onyx A Dawn of Onyx by Kate Golden
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book surprised me by how much I liked it!  There was so much adventure, a ton of mystery, tension out of the wazoo, and a lot of self growth.  Arwen is an amazing character and she sacrifices everything to save her family in the heat of the moment.  She's just a normal girl with a unique gift, and she has such a soft heart wanting to help everyone around her.  But I loved seeing the fire get sparked inside of her the longer she had to be on her own in enemy territory.  She started to realize that she is important and she needs to start defending herself and I love seeing her go through that process!

Kane.  I so wish we had his viewpoint, but with the amount of secrets he was keeping, I can understand why we couldn't get that.  He's such a mystery and with every little bit he lets escape around Arwen, the more I fell for him like Arwen did as well.  He is in a really tough spot so I definitely see his struggle, and he's about to be in even more of a struggle now that all the secrets are in the open and he's not on board with what he's been wanting to happen for a very long time. 

Mari is a delight and I love every scene with her chaos.  Arwen definitely needs a Mari in her world and I'm glad they've become best of friends.  Leigh is also going to be a spitfire and I can't wait to see what shenanigans she gets into soon!

I'm very very glad I decided to jump into this story with not a lot of information and I'm very intrigued on what is going to happen next, since there are at least two more books to go!  I'm sure a ton of adventures and hopefully more intense moments.  Also I cannot wait to see Arwen practice her power more!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment