Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Review: Death by Laura Thalassa

Death Death by Laura Thalassa
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm honestly so sad this is overwith!  I knew I was going to be an emotional wreck but the way this book ended has my heart all twisted up and I'm happy and I'm sad and I'm just all over the place!

Death, Thanatos, is so not what I expected.  Seriously, I thought he would be worse than Famine with the unfeeling, not caring, despises humanity, but the second he saw Lazarus and ran away, I saw his true self.  He knew she was going to be his downfall and he ran.  But once he realized that he liked having a person around who couldn't die?  And then his DETERMINATION to make her his?  When he realized that he enjoys being around her and the feelings she made him feel?  I was a goner for Death.  Watching him learn everything for the very first time and his excitement, his enjoyment, his amazement??  I absolutely loved seeing him discover everything and I really truly thought he would be the one to fall the fastest.  But it took something horrible drastic to see him finally realize the truth: he wants to be human with Lazarus and live a full life with her.  

Though his insistence that Lazarus was going to be his forever and his EAGERNESS for EVERYTHING to do with her?  Oh boy, those were the best parts about this book, not gonna lie. 

And Lazarus.  LAZARUS.  She is a spitfire.  She is determined.  She never gave up her hope for humanity to be saved.  No matter how much she was attracted to Thanatos, she was always keeping humanity front and center in her mind.  I'm honestly so amazed at her determination to ignore her attraction and kept holding off falling for him and kept in perspective of how much she wanted him to change to save mankind.  Usually it's the girl fall first, the guy takes forever to see what's right in front of him, but this book completely destroyed that stereotype and made it the opposite for these characters. 

I absolutely, 100% completely fell for this series.  I honestly can't tell you which book I loved the most.  I really thought it was going to be War, but it's a 4 way tie and I won't give any other answer.  And as much as I love the men in these books, I have a huge appreciation and love for all four of these women who were able to bring each horsemen to their knees and keep them human to save mankind.  These women went through SO MUCH in their lifetimes and then to have the will to handle a horsemen shows me that they are the ones to not mess with.  Horsemen be damned, it's Sara, Miriam, Ana and Lazarus we should be worried about!

Loved, loved loved!!!  So glad I finally read it and I am looking forward to revisiting these characters again in my future!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment