Friday, May 17, 2024

Review: Matilda by Roald Dahl

Matilda Matilda by Roald Dahl
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I used to love watching the movie Matilda because I was a fellow book nerd who loved to read, and what kid wouldn't want super powers to stop mean, bully people from doing bad things?  But I never actually read the original book and decided it was time!

And I still adored this story, but discovered that the third person narrative threw me off a bit and I had a bit of trouble staying focused.  I didn't think that would bother me, but it did.  Also?  How are these adults so freaking awful??  Her parents are just nasty and Miss Trunchbull should have been put in jail for how she treated the students.  I knew this watching the movie, but it's a much different situation reading this as an adult and I'm honestly a bit horrified by the actions taken by the adults in this book!!

So I definitely went for a ride revisiting this story but also getting a better picture of the original story.  I loved seeing it the way the author wrote it and I'm glad I dived into it to experience all over again!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment