Friday, June 7, 2024

Review: The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie

The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book has been on my to read for the longest time and I finally picked it up to read a banned book for my summer reading challenge.  And I am glad I finally read it.  Junior was extremely brave to decide to go to a school off the rez.  A 14 year old boy did what almost no one does in his town: leave.  Sure he came back every night, but his first true step to change his life started the day he changed schools and I'm sure he went off to do amazing things.  I also hope he inspired other students at the rez to change their life. 

This book is short but very impactful and I'm really glad I decide to finally read it. 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment