Sunday, June 16, 2024

Review: Scorched by J. Lynn(Jennifer L. Armentrout)

Scorched Scorched by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Andrea and Tanner.  I really love these two so much.  Their banter at the beginning and then to watch Tanner fall for Andrea?  To see him flurt and pursue her and for Andrea to be so confused at first.  I forgot how intense Tanner was when he put his mind into something and that something was Andrea.  

And then watching Andrea suffer so much and not realize what she is going through.  That everyone around her is trying to help but she's unable to understand what she is going through.  It's such a real moment JLA brings to paper for readers to try to understand that something can be viewed one way but mean another.  I want everyone to get the help and support they need in times like this and showing readers that one person can reflect on what they are doing and think everything is okay when it's not?  That's a powerful message that I didn't see as much the first time I read this but see so much now.  

This book has so many messages and so many ups and downs, and it's so real for me.  I'm glad I reread this series.  It's not so fun and swoon, but really hits hard with some tough subjects.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment