Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Review: The Ever King by L.J. Andrews

The Ever King The Ever King by L.J. Andrews
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was an interesting book.  I did enjoy it, but it took a long time for me to get into the groove of things and by that time, I was just meh about it overall.  I liked the premise and I liked that Livia had to go onto a pirate ship to another realm and then she found her true self instead of the pampered princess she has been her whole life.  I love that she befriended Erik when he was a child and then grew to love him as the gruesome pirate he became. 

But I think what my nonchalance is that I felt thrust into this world with little background.  I know it's a spin off series of another one and it's said I can just read this without the prior series, but I think that's untrue as I'm left just not caring about the world.  There were some parts that were overly explained and other parts that were not detailed enough to keep my brain to understand.  

And this book does end on a cliffhanger about a possible brother of Erik's, and..... I just don't care to find out?  I'm never like that, which means I definitely wasn't as engaged into this story as much as I normally am.  I am glad I read it to discover it wasn't for me, so any special editions that come out won't tempt me.  I just wish I loved it as much as other readers did and I'm glad I'm in the minority when it comes to not loving this that much. 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment