Saturday, June 22, 2024

Review: Hallowed Ground by Rebecca Yarros

Hallowed Ground Hallowed Ground by Rebecca Yarros
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book is so full of angst, emotion, no communication, love, and frustration. In a nut shell that's what is in this book. I was so excited to see this was Ember and Josh's story again and couldn't wait to see how things are going for them. But, boy, this is a hard book to stomach. Both of these characters go through so much during this time period and I had a rough time in some parts. I'm sure this is real life situations with with life military families. And if that's the case? I have no idea how people can handle these strong emotions in a daily basis.

So basically, I myself am not made to deal with this lifestyle and I commend every family who goes through this torture.  

Every scene where Josh makes a decision about their life without Ember? Awful. A relationship is about communication and trust and Josh wasn't doing any of that. Ember is so much stronger than I will ever be and I'm glad Josh has her in his life because not many women would put up with that. 

So I'm glad these two had another book. I'm glad they figured it their issues. But I'm probably not going to read this again because that was more issues to go through than I cared for. 

I'm very excited to dive into #5!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment