Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Review: Full Measures by Rebecca Yarros

Full Measures Full Measures by Rebecca Yarros
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The  beginning of this book had me sobbing but I'm not really surprised anymore that Rebecca Yarros will bring me to tears.  She's ridiculously harsh and talented like that.  I have not been in a position that Ember was in, but I FELT like I was her going through the amount of turmoil the way Rebecca brought it to life. 

I completely resonated with Ember in this book.  How she chose to grieve, or not grieve.  How she took charge being the oldest child.  How she allowed herself to skip the reflection she needed to take care of her family.  That's something I would do in her shoes and it just hit home to me.

Josh is amazing.  Wonderful.  He was there every time Ember needed to let her emotions out and he knew what she could handle heading versus not heading.  Do I agree about the truths he kept hidden?  No.  Not at all.  Do I understand why he did it?  Absolutely.  

This book is full of emotions, from grief to ecstatic and I was there every second of the way.  I finally have all 5 books in the series so I'm diving in and hope I don't be too heartbroken by the end of this binge!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment