Thursday, June 6, 2024

Review: Bride by Ali Hazelwood

Bride Bride by Ali Hazelwood
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The hype this book has is crazy so I came into it with high expectations.  This is also the first Ali Hazelwood I've read, so I was going on blind with her writing style.  And overall I enjoyed it.  It wasn't the best book I've read.  I kinda got tired of being in Misery's head the whole time.  She definitely grew on me the longer she was with the Weres, but at the beginning she was definitely robotic and it was hard to connect with her. 

I love her dedication to finding Serena and the way she talked and acted with Ana? Literally had me cackling.  Talking to a six year old that way, it was hilarious.  And I like how Misery was very into technology and used her powers for selfish reasons.

Lowe is an interesting character.  He has so much honor and respect for everyone around him.  But I didn't like his secrets and his lying, no matter if he thought he was in the right.  I could see what was happening and wanted to tell Misery what was going on so bad. 

Also?  Misery's name?  Shame on who named her.  Honestly.  I would have legally changed my name once I became an adult. 

So I'm glad I read this.  It was a good story, but thankfully not something I need to own.  I am intrigued to see if a spin off novel happens with Serena and Koen.  That was a nice twist at the end! 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment