Friday, May 27, 2011

Rules/Guidelines of My Reviews

Before I post a review that I've done for my class, I thought that I would tell you what the guidelines are that I had to follow for my class. Remember, there are spoilers so if you haven't read the book but are dying to, I would advise against reading the post. Here is what my teacher wanted me to review on:


1. A succinct evaluative annotation that should be detailed and descriptive. This should include the book’s plot, theme, tone, style, characterizations, readability, etc. This is not a booktalk, so please reveal necessary plot elements. Examine review journals, especially VOYA (Voice of Youth Advocates), for samples.

2. Your reactions to the book. Detail aspects you believe would or would not appeal to teen readers. Evaluate the “worth” of the book in respect to quality in writing, truth or accuracy of the material, and/or values explicit or implicit in the work. Consider the strengths and weaknesses of the book. These should be brief, but complete.

3. Comment on the cover art and how or why it does or does not appeal to teens.

There were some more points, but they aren't necessary to put on this blog. Hope you all enjoy the reviews! (The first review will be posted shortly!)

No comments:

Post a Comment