Thursday, December 27, 2012

One Night That Changes Everything by Lauren Barnholdt

Before, when Eliza thought she was moving, she made a list of things that she was afraid of and wanted to conquer when she moved to the new place: new place, new Eliza.

But she never left so now she just keeps writing all of the fears that she has.

And, unfortunately, Eliza loses everything. Everything. And now she's misplaced her notebook. Come to find out that the leader of the 318's club, Tyler, at high school, a group of guys who do pranks every now and then, stole it.

Apparently, Eliza created hardships for her ex-boyfriend, Cooper, who is also part of the 318 group. She broke up with him when she found out that he only started dating her as a initiation rite to become a member of 318. So Eliza broke up with him and hasn't talked to him since.

It is also rumored that she destroyed any chances Cooper had to go into Brown College by writing half-truths about him on the internet.

Now, though, Eliza needs someone on the inside to figure out why they took her notebook, and why they are making her do certain fears that she wrote down throughout the years.

With her two best friends, Marissa and Clarice, Eliza is going from one rendezvous to the next trying to fulfill these tasks that Tyler is making her do to get her notebook back. And Cooper seems to be popping up everywhere, who seems to be trying to help, but Eliza thinks that it is part of the ruse.

Can Eliza get her notebook back? Will she be able to go through all of her fears until Tyler is done tormenting her? And why is Cooper still hanging around after he used her to get into 318? Read One Night That Changes Everything by Lauren Barnholdt to find out!

My Thoughts/Reflections
I really liked this novel!

I've had good things and bad things to say about Barnholdt's novels, depending on which novel I'm talking about. I started her works with amazing results then found that the rest of them were blah. But I really enjoyed this one so I'm happy that I was able to read it!

I thought Eliza was very juvenile character, and writing down a list of fears for anyone to snatch is never a good idea. But I really enjoyed the plot of this novel and the action that went along with each "dare" Eliza was given.

I also really liked Cooper. He is popular but is always wanting to help everyone who asks him.

Marissa and Clarice are dimwits - I can't think of any better word for them. They are scatterbrained and are leaving Eliza every other scene. Thankfully, Cooper was around to save the day for each dilemma.

Overall, I really liked this book! There were things that bugged me and I thought could be better, but I think it was a great story line and I really enjoyed the ending.

I would recommend this book to fans of Barnholdt's, along with Rachel Cohn and David Levithan since it has some of the same themes.

Now, I'm going to go see if I'm missing anymore of Barnholdt's novels and complete my collection of her works!

No comments:

Post a Comment