Sunday, March 6, 2016

Review: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was chosen for my book club, so I re-read it again and still loved it. Doesn't hurt that I'm always watching the movies and getting all kinds of Harry Potter related stuff for myself!

It's been awhile since I've read it, though, cause I forgot about some things. Like at the beginning? J.K. Rowling actually starts with a narration of the Dursley's and their life before Harry arrived. Very interesting to me since we all know this is about Harry. And it also refreshed my memory of what Vernon does for a living.

I liked that we got to read about all of the Quidditch matches again, rather than just the one that is in the movie. Little things like that made me smile and realize that the book really is better than the movie!

I was debating if I was going to read the rest of the books, but I think I am. I'm craving the Harry Potter books so I might as well do it now that I've just finished the first one, right? :)

If for some strange and abnormal reason you haven't read these amazing books, you need to finally jump on the train to Hogwarts and find out why they are so great. The story is fantastic and Rowling is a phenomenal writer!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment