Sunday, March 5, 2017

Review: The Power

The Power The Power by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I've had this book since it's release date, but I've been sitting on it because I hate waiting for the ending. I seriously hate finishing a book, knowing that there is going to be two more novels in the series and I don't have them ready. And JLA is known to have a few cliffhangers here and there, so I didn't want to get mad at my all time favorite author again!

But I was gifted with the present of an eARC of "The Struggle", so I knew I needed to read this one before diving into the new one.

And I completely loved this novel. Seth is fighting a vicious battle inside of himself and the only person who is really rooting for him is Josie. Sure, everyone else thinks he's changed his ways, but they are all still a little weary to be around him. But Josie 100% believes and trusts in Seth. Seth has no idea what to do with this feeling he gets every time Josie puts her whole self behind him. He's never, in his whole life, had anyone who would follow him to the end of the earth and it's kind of freaking him out. And that is so sad to me. Seth was brought into this world with no love and it only grew worse when Ares was using him and making him into the "fake" Apollyon. So when Josie trusts him completely, he's ready to run the other way.

And Josie. God, (or Gods ;) ) she is becoming one of my favorite characters. She gets trust into this world with no warning, having to deal with Seth and all of his cockiness and sexiness, and she takes this huge change like a champ. She decides to learn to fight for when she has to face a Titan, and takes so many hits and has bruises for days, but she gets back up and tries again. I love characters who are thrown into an impossible situation and always tries to do better, no matter how much the stacks are against her.

I love the progression that happened between Seth and Josie. If two people belong together (like Alex and Aiden, ahem), it's Josie and Seth. Josie needs a little challenge in her life and Seth needs to know that there will be a person who will believe in him 100%, no matter his history.

Oh, and also? Definitely didn't think that Hercules would be a cocky motherfucker who would brag about himself and that he was "THAT Hercules"...ugh. Good job, JLA, for making me despise my favorite Disney hero, haha!

The ending of this novel was brutal - like I knew it would be!!! I'm so excited to find out what happens next! I'm glad I finally got around to reading this! Thanks JLA for an amazing novel!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment