Saturday, March 4, 2017

Review: The Return

The Return The Return by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

3-4-17 * I re-read this novel because I was gifted with an eARC from JLA of the 3rd book in this series, so I wanted to refresh my brain about what happened. And I love it just as much as the first time I read it! I still think Josie is a badass and I definitely loved all of the smexy scenes between Josie and Seth...Whooeii! Now diving into the next one!

Here is my original review from 2-25-15:
Have to admit, Seth was a douche in the Covenant series. He was a jerk and a half, and only JUST redeemed himself in the last novel.

But this Seth... He's a completely new guy. I mean, if I would have met this Seth before, I would have had no issues starting this book. The way he is around Josie is amazing - a guy that someone would actually want to get to know.

Even though the Covenant series is my least favorite series of JLA's, I still really enjoyed the world she created, so it was really nice to see the side characters of that series in this novel. And since I was already familiar with the story, I didn't need any background info to help me understand what was going on.

Josie was really pretty awesome character. She is just a normal girl thrown into a Gods/Titans war and somehow she is supposed to save mankind from destruction. Not such an easy concept to wrap her mind around, but she takes it in stride and can even tolerate Seth's cockiness during everything else.

I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised by this novel. I wasn't finding every possible way to get this book on release day, but was okay with waiting. Now I want to know what Josie is going to do with the Titans and how to stop them and what the Librarian has to say and what the icon is and who the other people to stop the Titans are and...well I could keep going but there is just a ton of information that I want but won't get until the next book.

So do all of us fans a favor, JLA? Get the next book out soon? I know you are busy being an awesome writing machine who doesn't eat or sleep but only writes amazing novels, but I just want them all now. I suppose I will have to be patient and devour all of your books when they come out. Thanks for another awesome novel to add to my collection!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment