Saturday, December 4, 2021

Review: Love Stories: A Novella Collection by Samantha Young

Love Stories: A Novella Collection Love Stories: A Novella Collection by Samantha Young
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Here are my individual reviews of the 4 novels in this collection:

FORBIDDEN X-MAS GIFT: 
Reid and Evan are fantastic. I don't usually like siblings-best-friend novels because of all of the secrets they keep, but because this was a novella, there wasn't enough time to keep secrets for that long! Win! 

I also enjoyed the age gap factor, though I really don't think age should matter if you want to be with someone. 

NEW YEAR'S EVE: 
The amount of tension in the air began Joe and Ryan flies off the pages in this steamy novella! I'm glad Ryan's hangups aren't about the fact that Joe is older than her, but that she will end up alone if things don't work out. I'm also glad that Ryan can finally stop worrying about life and finally live her life to the fullest. 

LOVING VALENTINE:
This was a nice, short story, but oh, Micah and Valentine. So many chances to tell each other how you feel, so many times you both screwed it up. This is 11 years of missing their chance, so it is upsetting at times, and cringe worthy, but you are still rooting for these two through it all.

EMBER IN THE HEART:
I adored Ember and Georgie and Foster!  The tension between Ember and Foster was off the charts, and seeing them come to blows was wonderful.  I love how Ember connected with Georgie so quickly and to see them bond together was sweet. 

I also liked that Ember is older than Foster, since I'm older than my significant other.  Not by as many years, but it was still something I could relate to. 

The only issue I have with this is that I want to see happily ever afters for all of the Bonet sisters! I'm sure that isn't going to happen since this was just a short newsletter special, but one can hope, right?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment