Monday, May 2, 2016

Review: The Winner's Curse

The Winner's Curse The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I've had this book since the ARC's were sent out, but when I found out it was a trilogy I wanted to wait until all three books were released. Now that the 3rd one was published, I started this one.

And honestly? Not that impressed with it... I'm one of the few that feel that way, but I really didn't get into the novel as much as I wanted to. Granted, the ending has me wondering what is going to happen, so I'm probably going to cave and read the other two books, but I'm not feeling this book right now.

Kestrel is a very smart, intelligent girl who knows how to play the military game since her father is the General. But she's so scatterbrained sometimes too. And she's so indecisive. That drives me crazy - just freaking make up your mind and stick with your decision!

And Arin. He's another one that can't make up his mind and is always changing his decision about things. I know that they like each other, but they aren't showing their affection as well as they could be and they keep changing their mind about what they want to do. This is the worst thing that happens in novels and these two characters did it over and over again.

Out of the two, I liked Kestrel the most because she did have the right mantra in the end. It just took forever to get there.

So I'll have to see if I want to read the rest of the series. Right now I'm just feeling "blah" about it and could care less what happens to the characters. I'm assuming I know how the whole series ends, so that won't be a surprise.

I know I'm the odd man out with my feelings about this novel, so I encourage everyone to read it and get their own opinion! I bet you'll love it! Just wasn't the right fit for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment