Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Review: Othersphere by Nina Berry

Othersphere Othersphere by Nina Berry
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

After a disastrous meeting with Ximon and one of their own died, while another student left, Dez is kind of a mess. She used to be the fearless leader who knew all of the answers, but now she is doubting even the littlest things.

When her birth parents keep crossing over to Earth by possessing humans around Dez, Dez realizes that she has to meet them and see who her birth parents really are. But she also needs to see her home, the place she was born, to finally realize what she wants in life.

But to do that is very dangerous, and she isn't going to be alone because her birth father kidnapped a student to lure Dez there. Now, Dez needs to get that leadership role back in place and make sure that she won't lose anyone else that she loves during this last and final battle of the otherworlds.

I admit, this series fell flat for me. I can't tell you why, but it just did. I think all of the characters got on my nerves a lot and they just didn't redeem themselves. I know they are teenagers and are prone to be bi-polar, but I despise people like that. That's probably why I didn't have too many friends in high school...

But not only did Dez and Caleb, who I had issues with in the second novel, do that, but also the side characters. They were so easy to blame everyone around them and they switched sides way too easily for me to be comfortable to call them friends. They are all just really flakey.

The thing with Dez and Lazar blew my mind at the very beginning. I didn't think Dez was that stupid, and honestly, how it ended with the love triangle? I wish that two of them ended up alone and miserable and the third one found a great person to be with and rubbed it in the other two's faces.

But that's just how I feel...

The story ended exactly I how knew it would and honestly, nothing really popped out as amazing during this book, which is such a shame. I was really hoping for a great story to keep with me.

That's what I get for getting swayed by the amazing covers of the beautiful red-head. But I will still keep judging books by their covers and I will have to feel this letdown of what could have been.

I am glad that I read them, but I'm very glad I didn't buy them. I think other readers will enjoy them more than I did, though, and will recommend them to any reader who likes supernatural and shifter books :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment