Sunday, December 31, 2017

Review: Reawakened (Havenwood Falls HIGH #2) by Morgan Wylie

Reawakened Reawakened by Morgan Wylie
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received this eARC novel from Red Coat Publishing. This is my honest review.

Living in Havenwood Falls is an okay place, but for Macy, she feels a bit trapped. Not being able to leave her town for more than a month without losing her memory of everyone and everything from Havenwood Falls is killing her a little bit. Macy wants to travel and explore. And then with the pressure of having to make a huge decision on her 18th birthday in about a month is really stressing her out.

Thankfully she has an awesome boyfriend, a best friend, and pretty much enough support from her parents and family.

But when Macy's witch hunter effects come to light earlier than expected and she almost attacks her boyfriend, who ironically is a witch, Macy freaks out. She just needs a few days alone, exploring, before she makes one of the biggest decisions of her life.

So she leaves. She goes down the mountain and sees what is it like outside of Havenwood Falls.

Then she meets extended family who thrives on their witch hunter intuition, and they give her another choice: to stay with them and hunt with them.

Now Macy has to decide what she really wants to do with her life, and she has to make the decision fast because her time away from Havenwood Falls is coming to the 1 month mark, and she is definitely starting to forget a lot about her life at home.

I am really starting to enjoy these books! Macy was a bit too indecisive for me, but man did I love her boyfriend, Gallad. He was a good guy stuck in a bad boy body and he definitely knew how to make Macy swoon - along with me! I actually would have preferred having Gallad in the book more than what he was, but I know it's Macy's story so I can't be picky ;)

I get Macy's inner battle that she is having, and I feel like her mother should have been more supportive and forthcoming with information about Macy's circumstances. But then again, Macy shouldn't have been a stubborn teenager and should have forced her mother to listen to what she was going through at the time.

Overall this was a good book and I'm glad I was able to get a chance to read this book! I'm looking forward to more in this series!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment