Monday, January 1, 2018

Review: Written In The Stars (Havenwood Falls HIGH #1) by Kallie Ross

Written In The Stars Written In The Stars by Kallie Ross
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received this eARC novel from Red Coat Publishing. This is my honest review.

Willa is the alpha to her werewolf pack. The only problem is that she hasn't been able to shift yet, which poses a problem to her being the alpha. She has until she turns 18 before that status leaves her family and moves on to another family in her pack, ending the long-line tradition of her family being the leader of their pack.

So Willa has been kind of outcasted in her group. She decides to stop listening to the harassment and bullying that's been doing on, and do things for herself. Because if she can't learn to shift into her wolf, she's going to need to figure out something else to do for the rest of her life, so she might as well get a head start.

Sitting down with the "outcasts" at school was the best thing that Willa has done. Becoming friends with a vampire, dragon shifter, witch and an elf made her realize that many of the supernaturals in Havenwood Falls do not venture off from their own species, but Willa has decided that this is her new family for now.

When her father asks her to give the pack one more chance, Willa can't say no. But the longer she stays away from her new friends, and more into the vile atmosphere of her pack, the more Willa has to realize where she wants to belong, and how she is going to get control of the situation that she is in.

This was a great novel! I loved seeing the different species come together and become friends with one another, and how Willa's character grew so much. She had to make a lot of decisions, but I feel like they were all great ways for her to figure out who she is and where her place in not only in her friendships, but also in her pack and in the community of Havenwood Falls.

The romance between her and Tarron was a little too much for me - it just seemed awkward and forced and not as much chemistry as I thought they should have. But it proved a point in the story and I feel like it needed to happen, even if it was a bit stilted for me.

I can see now that reading this first might be better than the way that I read it, but I still thoroughly enjoyed this book, no matter what order I read it in.

Definitely enjoying this series full of amazing supernatural stories!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment