Sunday, April 22, 2018

Review: Bad Boy Brody by Tijan

Bad Boy Brody Bad Boy Brody by Tijan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received this eARC novel from the author. This is my honest review.
Expected release date: May 7, 2018

After Brody's brother dies in a car accident, Brody goes of into the deep end. He hides his depression through alcohol and sex, and he has gotten the nickname, Bad Boy Brody, for his new behavior.

To straighten out his reputation and get him on the right track for his acting career, he decides to do a film out in Montana about a true story...in the middle of nowhere. Montana is not the place Brody really wants to be, but it will stick it out until the movie is wrapped up.

But when Brody hears about Morgan - the girl who lives with the wild mustangs - and sees her a few times, his life is about to change. Because not only is this movie about her family and her life, but she is the most magnificent person he has ever seen. Brody is enamored by her and is constantly thinking about her.

Morgan is more horse than woman nowadays. She would stay with the mustangs 24/7 if she didn't need food and clothing. And if the weather would stay nice all year round. But when everyone starts showing up for the movie, she finds herself curious about the main star. Usually, Morgan would avoid all contact with people, but she is now getting near the house to talk to Brody.

There is a connection between the two of them that they just can't ignore.

The more they are together, the more they want to know more about each other. But Brody and Morgan live two very separate lives from one another. Lives that don't really work to have a future together.

And with Morgan's past being brought back to the present because of the movie, the more the world wants to know more about this mystery girl.

Their worlds are about the collide, and collapse when dark secrets come to life.

This was a really great book! I think I must have signed up for it before, and I just forgot, because I was pleasantly surprised to find this in my Amazon and email account! I will say, I'm not a huge fan of the cover or the title, honestly, but I do love a story about horses and mystery, so I was still glad to dive right in when I got it on my kindle!

Brody and Morgan both have their dark past that they are trying to hide from, and they do it very differently from one another. I loved reading about Morgan connecting to Shiloh and Shoal in a connection that only very few people feel with horses. I have not had the pleasure, but I do think that that bond is a vital thing to hold on to for as long as a person can.

The instant connection between Morgan and Brody was a bit cliched for me, but I thought that the scenes with the two of them were very on fire! They got each other on a level that no one else around them understood, and I appreciated that even though they were two opposite people.

I'm very glad that I got a chance to read this eARC and I am definitely going to make it a bigger priority to read more of Tijan's books! I have a few that I've been burying in my kindle, so I need to find them and start reading them because I'm always hearing great things about them!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment