Saturday, July 13, 2019

Review: The King by Jennifer L. Armentrout

The King The King by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received this eARC novel from the author. This is my honest review.

Brighton...I seriously love this girl and what she endured during this novella just breaks my heart. No one should go through that, and to see her struggle and suffer was just terrible. It did show that she is one tough chick who never gives up, and she is a fighter every second.

JLA did an amazing job detailing how an event like this can royally mess you up. Poor Brighton was so terrified and it was ingrained in her to fear certain things. I can't imagine going through something like this and the process for life to become normal is just unfathomable.

One thing that I would LOVE to see is Caden's point of view. I feel like I NEED to read about his reaction and thoughts and feelings and life will not be whole for me until I get this, because I can certainly imagine it, but I'm sure it was 100 times worse for him.

Also, the ending of the book? Definitely called it. And I even guessed the name of the next one before I read it! Yes, this is a cliffhanger ending. Yes, you are going to be dying for more. Yes, you are going to have to wait. But yes, you are going to love Every. Single. Word. of this book and be left wanting more. I'm actually tempted to re-read it just because I flew through it so quickly!

This was such an amazing novella and I'm so glad I got a chance to read an eARC of it!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment