Saturday, July 27, 2019

Review: Tiger's Destiny by Colleen Houck

Tiger's Destiny Tiger's Destiny by Colleen Houck
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really, really, really wanted to give this a 5 star review. But 4 was pushing it, to be honest. This is more of a 3.5 star in my opinion. And why, you may ask, would I give it such a low rating when I've adored every other book in this series so far? Well, that would be because of Kelsey. I seriously hated the way she "played" the brothers. I put played in quotes because in her mind, she didn't play them, but she toyed with their emotions, and she NEVER ONCE told them the absolute truth about how she felt. She dragged it on over and over and over again, even though she had EVERY OPPORTUNITY to fix what she created.

It doesn't matter, though. She ended up with the guy she was meant to be with and all of the pining, the jealously, the tortured moments between the three of them meant nothing in the end. Instead of being with the person that she OBVIOUSLY was meant to be with the whole time, she didn't get that moment until the very end of the book.

So her being obtuse and ignorant and stubborn and dishonest really left a bad taste in my mouth.

Also, the situation with Lokesh. I would have thought there would have been more to the "final battle" that the last 4 books have led up to, but it was pretty bland. I wasn't impressed with it.

I am curious to see how the next book goes - especially since this book has a nice wrap up/we're finished feeling to it. And it's a super long book, so hopefully it's not more "love triangles, I'm going to torture everyone by being with the wrong guy even though EVERYONE knows how it's going to end" storyline. Because if it is, I may have to torture someone myself, because I'm kinda over this plot line.

So, even though I didn't enjoy this as much as I wanted to, I am glad I finally got around to reading this and I'm excited to read the final book in the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment