Saturday, November 6, 2021

Review: Tinsel by Devney Perry

Tinsel Tinsel by Devney Perry
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I read this because I'll be getting a special edition this winter and wanted to see if I liked this story. And it was an okay novel. I've never read this author before and I know this is book 4 in a series, but each book is about a different character, so I didn't really feel lost or confused while reading. 

I just had a hard time connecting to the characters. Sofia is about the furthest thing fun me I could find. I'm always working, wearing multiple hats, and could never imagine my hobby world be spending so much money, money I've never seen in my life. So trying to connect with her was very hard. I will say she was definitely trying to change her lifestyle, and I do commend her on that for sure. 

Dakota I liked but he was acting like a jerk to Sofia because he didn't want to be attracted to her. I mean...grow up lol. And also letting stereotypes and tradition dictate good life choices... that also is something I don't allow in my life. Peer pressure is a terrible thing and I despise it immensely. 

So overall this was an okay novel, but not one I'll be dying to reread or to own in my physical library. 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment