Thursday, June 28, 2012

Tempest by Julie Cross

After living a decent, normal life for 18 years, Jackson gets a rude awakening when he finds out that he can travel through time.

With the help of a science geek, Adam, Jackson has been practicing going back into time and take notes, doing experiments to try and figure out how and why Jackson can move through time.

Being with Adam to do all of this time traveling stuff is a hinder on his relationship with Holly though.

However, one day Jackson's supernatural life and his normal life meet up when other time travelers find Jackson and shoot Holly. When that happens, Jackson transports back two years - into 2007 - to try and change Holly's death.

Only now Jackson can't seem to go back to 2009 where he left Holly, maybe for dead.

But as Jackson spends more time in other time zones than the one he needs to be in, he finds out secrets about his past, including secrets about his father's life style, his childhood, and grows more knowledgeable about his gift.

Will Jackson be able to go back to 2009 and save Holly? What side will Jackson choose: the government or the other time travelers? Read Tempest by Julie Cross to find out!

My Thoughts/Reflections
There was a lot crammed into this novel! I always love a good time travel story, so I thought this novel would be perfect.

However, as much as I tried to keep up with this novel, I just couldn't. This isn't your typical time travel story. In fact, there are new rules with new terminology and almost too sciency. I'm not a science person, so when they started describing with scientific words, I was pretty much lost.

I did finish the story, though, and I liked the ending, even if it wasn't the happiest. Although, there is another book in the series coming out spring 2013, but I don't think I'll be picking it up. I'd be too lost from not knowing exactly what happened in this novel to pick up in the next one.

Now, even though I didn't enjoy this novel, I'm not saying it was a horrible novel. It just isn't my thing.

For anyone who likes science or CIA/governmental issues, this is the book for you! And if you can follow what the home base is, different timelines are, etc. you can feel free to try and explain it to me with my very normal brain :)

If that happens, then maybe I'll be excited for book #2 to come out! Insaner things have happened!

No comments:

Post a Comment