Saturday, July 21, 2012

Desire Becomes Her by Shirlee Busbee

Here's a new and different post than what I usually post on this blog. I won a free Early Reader copy of Desire Becomes Her through LibraryThing and figured since I'm writing a review for LibraryThing I'll add it on here.

This won't be a regular thing - this blog is still for the Young Adult novels and topics that I'm obsessed with. I just thought to post something a little different to throw off my regular viewers/readers of my blog :-)

***************************************************************************************************

After Gillian Dashwood was found at the crime scene where her husband was murdered, everyone in London and the towns outside of London knew about her - and not in a good way. While she wasn't convicted of murdering her husband, the killer was never found and gossip proclaims that she's the one who killed him.

Lucian Joslyn has been living a bachelor's life, but when he meets Gillian, thoughts of owning is own place with responsibility kept popping up in his mind.

At first Gillian and Lucian did not like each other. Sure, they had a great connection with one another, and couldn't stop thinking of each other, but they had ill conceived stories about one another.

Once they were together enough, though, they knew the gossip wasn't correct about either one of them and found that they couldn't ignore the spark between them anymore.

But the killer who really murdered Gillian's husband is still out there. And Gillian has the proof right under her nose.

The killer will stop at nothing to clear her/his name - even if it means killing another victim to do so. Will Gillian and Lucian be able to stop the killer, or will they be truly committed to a crime they didn't commit? Read Desire Becomes Her by Shirlee Busbee to find out!

My Thoughts/Reflections
I read romance novels. The two most read genres I read are Young Adult and Romance.

For some reason, I could not get into this book.

First, the attraction between Gillian and Lucian... It didn't seem there. When they met they didn't like each other. But after seeing each other for 2 meetings, they ended up in bed together. Then they got married.

They still had secrets from each other, but yet they felt they could get married?

Second, the back story that added Gillian and Lucian's family seemed strained. I know this is the second (or possibly later) story in this series, so if I would have started from the beginning it might make sense. But I found myself skipping over pages until I saw either Gillian or Lucian's name.

As for the killer, I didn't really care who it was. For the longest time, the story wasn't about who the killer was, but who had documentation that belonged to Gillian and who was blackmailing her for them.

All in all, I would say I was very disappointed with this novel.

There were a few places where I thought it was a good story, but if I compared it to other Historical romance novels that I've read in the past? Very low rating.

This was also the first book novel I've read of Shirlee Busbee. Maybe I'll try another one of hers to see if it was just a fluke. But definitely not one that I would recommend to my friends who like romance novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment