Sunday, January 1, 2017

Review: Broken Prince

Broken Prince Broken Prince by Erin Watt
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

After the abrupt cliff hanger ending from the first novel, I dived into this book right away to find out what happens to all of the characters that I have come to love so much in such a short amount of time.

This novel not only has Ella's point of view like the first novel in the series, but it also has Reed's point of view so the reader can get both perspectives this time around.

We start off with Ella missing, having run away from the Royal's mansion after witnessing something that will forever scar her memory. Reed is frantically trying to find her, but Ella only comes home when Callum decides to blackmail her to see reason.

Ella comes back to the Royals with her guard up once again. She is only there to do what Callum sees best for her, but she doesn't want to get attached to any of the Royal boys because they will just end up breaking her heart all over again. But what Ella doesn't realize is that with her leaving, she has not only broken the trust of the ones she's grown to love, but she also broke some of their hearts by leaving them without a second look.

Reed is determined to fix his mistakes and make Ella his again, but she's not going to make it easy for him. What Reed did was unforgivable to Ella and she lets him know that at every moment. But Reed not only needs to prove to Ella that he's a changed man, but also start changing his attitude at school too.

Ella thought she had it bad when she first went to the Prep private school when she first got in to town, but after being gone for 2 weeks, the rumors have been flying and Ella is the standing victim having to bear all of the brunt.

But things are getting pretty dicey at home and hitting Ella and Reed close to the heart. Things are about to go down, but who knows who will go down with the bad news that hits the fan.

There is so much drama in this book that it reeks. I'm so glad that I never had to go through that brutalness in my life and I plan to keep it that way! But I loved reading about it and I'm so glad that both Ella and Reed have decided to man up and take responsibility where they need to take it, rather than running away from it like they were in the first novel.

Seriously, the smack down that happened between Ella and Jordan, the queen bitch at the school, was phenomenal! I was cheering her on so loudly I'm surprised my neighbors didn't come yelling at me to shut up. Ella finally had enough of her crap and showed not only Jordan, but the entire school, who was boss and it wasn't Jordan.

Reed has also decided to grow some balls and take some responsibility, but he's not used to that roll so it took him a little longer to get there. The only issue that I have with Reed is that he told Ella that he would never lie to her again or keep any secrets from her, and he DOES THAT CRAP AT THE END!! HE KEEPS THINGS FROM HER AND IT'S SO HYPOCRITICAL!!!

...obviously that bothered me, but come on! If he wants to be with Ella, he needs to start trusting her. She's a very smart girl, trust me.

Oh, and one last note? Callum is a badass and now that his head is out of his ass and he's paying attention to what his sons and Ella are doing, he's in the thick of things and is now on their side. These kids should really start trusting the adults in their life, because when Callum says something to other adults, shit gets done real quick.

This ends in not just 1 cliffhanger, but 2!! I'm so intrigued to find out what is going to happen in the 3rd and final novel, and I have it right at my fingertips so I'm about to dive in there and see what happens!

Loving this series so far and will definitely recommend it to other readers and my friends!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment