Sunday, January 8, 2017

Review: Twisted Palace

Twisted Palace Twisted Palace by Erin Watt
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a good ending to a great series. For some reason, I think that this book could have been better like the previous two, which is why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 like the first and second one.

Now that Ella has been in the "rich" side of life for a few months, the reader can tell that she is starting to enjoy the perks of that life. I'm not saying that she is now a rich snob, but she definitely has a different viewpoint of life than she did before she came to live with the Royals.

When Steve came around (I'm not talking about him too much so as not to give anything away), I instantly had issues with him and his personality. And the way Ella was so obedient with him made me sick to my stomach. She has always been on her own, taking care of herself that I figured she would be able to stand up to him, so when she didn't I thought less of her than I think I should have.

Reed also seemed more subdued than he should have been, especially since he was being charged with murder when he was innocent of that crime. If I was in his place, I would have been doing my own investigation to figure out who the real murderer was because I would want to be known as an innocent man instead of pleading guilty to get a shorter time span in jail. Don't go down without a fight is what I would have followed.

Speaking of the murderer, I TOTALLY figured out who the real murderer was! I mean, within 20 pages after all of the big moments happened at the beginning of the book, I guessed who it would be that would have the biggest motive and the easiest access, and I was RIGHT!!

So the big reveal wasn't anything special for me, except to say, "I KNEW it! Totally called that at the beginning of the novel!" And for me, since I knew for so long, I felt like the book dragged on to get the final reveal, but that's just me.

Overall, I liked this novel. I LOVED the series, especially the first book, but this one was okay. It was wrapping a lot of things up in one novel when I think it should have been spread apart a little bit more.

I'm very glad that I was able to get this series through my library and read it! One of these days I might actually buy my own copies to have on my bookshelf.

I hope that there will be more novels in this world - especially to talk about Easton, Gideon, Sawyer and Sebastian's life because I really want to know who Easton is hung up about and how things go with all of the Royal boys because they all need their happily ever after like Reed got with Ella :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment