Sunday, January 1, 2017

Review: Paper Princess

Paper Princess Paper Princess by Erin Watt
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I started noticing a ton of amazing reviews about this novel and figured I better join in on the raving to see if it was any good. Of course, it was and now I may just have to go buy my own copies after I finish all of the books.

I feel so much for Ella. She has been through so much in her 17 years and I can't even imagine trying to continue living after everything she has been through. Not knowing her father except his first name and having his watch would be tough, but manageable. When her mother died when she was 15 from cancer, that would have been heartbreaking for a girl who knows she doesn't have any other family to take care of her. Instead of giving up, though, she decides to take care of herself however she can, even if most of the things she's doing is illegal.

So I don't blame Ella for being hesitant when she gets told that she has a new guardian who she has never heard of or met before in her life. To top it off, he's a friend of her father, who she has no idea who that person is.

Then to top everything off, the sons of the man who is now her guardian hate her before she even walks through the door. And to have all 5 of the Royal sons hate you can make your life downright torture because they are always around, always making her life difficult, and always finding a way to get rid of Ella.

So yeah, Ella is a strong person who never gives up and I admire that about her so much. She is always fighting, always trying to make a better life for herself.

The Royal brothers are a handful, but Ella has them figured out. I love how she acts around them and I don't blame her for being attracted to Reed especially. I'm pretty sure any female within 50 miles wouldn't be able to keep their eyes off of him.

For the most part, life is starting to be kind to Ella after a few years of shit have been thrown her way. Just when she thinks she might be able to let loose and be a normal teenager, more shit comes back at her, ten fold.

I'm very excited to see what happens after that very cliff moment ending that Erin Watt left us. And I'm every so glad that I decided to wait to read this series until all three books were done and in my hand, because I am going to dive right into the next one and not have to wait months later to see what has happened to some of my favorite characters now.

Such a great book to start reading for the 1st of the year!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment