Friday, November 3, 2017

Review: Wicked by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Wicked Wicked by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have the whole trilogy in my possession, so I decided to re-read this amazing book again! And I was so not disappointed. In fact, I'm just going to re-post this book review that I wrote the first time that I read this novel :)

This is my original review from December 2014:

OMGOMGOMGOMG. As I was reading this book, I texted all of my friends and went, JLA is a God! She really outdid herself in this novel. I mean, I'm a JLA fan til I die, but I really loved this book. Ivy tried oh so very hard to resist Ren, but it was not to be. Besides, why would anyone want to resist Ren?

I've read numerous novels about fae and this definitely followed the stereotype, but that's good in my book because I didn't have to figure out the new rules of this storyline. It was nice to see that there can be kick ass girl fae hunters as well as guys.

And seriously, if you have never read JLA you don't know that she is the reference queen. No, I'm not kidding. She references everything! And to make ya'll understand, I'm going to list everything she references. Be prepared for a long list...:

Daryl Dixon/Walking Dead
Merida/"Brave"
Twilight
Games of Thrones
Harry Potter/Dobby
Tink/Peter Pan
"Rule" by Jay Crownover
Braveheart
Ariel/The Little Mermaid
Belle/Beauty and the Beast
Theo James
Jensen Ackles/Supernatural
Resident Evil
Dr. Who

And I'm sure that there are a ton of other references, but these were either the obvious ones or the ones I know about.

So I totally called the ending. It was one scenario or another because I think I've finally figured out JLA's writing style, but I definitely was not surprised by what happened. But I'm so excited to see how everything pans out, I'm just upset I have to wait until Spring 2015!! It's too far away!

So glad I bought the kindle version so I could devour it and I cannot wait to get my physical copy to look at the cover and pet it and smell it and gaze adoringly at it... Yeah, I do that. Oh well. You would too if you had it.

Read it. You will not be disappointed!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment