Sunday, December 16, 2018

Review: Angelbound by Christina Bauer

Angelbound Angelbound by Christina Bauer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received this eARC novel from NetGalley. This is my honest review.

Myla just wants to fight in the arena 24/7. As a quasi-demon, she is amazing at kicking ass and she loves the thrill when she wins a fight. Sadly, she still has to go to school for her senior year to get placed in a job afterward. She's not too worried about it now, because she's hoping to be a fighter.

And every time Walker, her ghoul, comes to take her to the arena, Myla just gets more and more excited. Even though lately, not all of the summons she has is to fight. There is a power struggle going between Armageddon, the self made ruler of Purgatory, who should be in Hell since he's a demon, and Verus, the angel who does not want these evil souls to come to Heaven. And because of this power struggle, the structure of Purgatory is breaking apart piece by piece.

Myla also seems to be in the middle of this struggle, even though she has no idea why. When her mother allows Verus to give her dreamscapes about her mom's past, Myla realizes that all those times she asked about who her father is was something she may not want to know now.

And as if that wasn't enough, she is also dealing with the arrogant High Prince Lincoln who thinks she is scum in Purgatory because she is a demon. Myla is all for hating Lincoln, but lately she's starting to think it may be more than hate she feels for him. In fact, it may be the completely opposite, which is just ridiculous.

Life for Myla is about to be turned upside down, and she's going to have to figure out how to deal with all of the changes, or be defeated by the evil minds in Purgatory.

OH. MY. GOODNESS!!! Why have I been prolonging reading this book?!? Well, because it's a series and I wanted all of the books, but that's not the point. The point is that I really really really liked this novel! It's so unique from other books out there, and from the ones that I've read, and the author did an amazing job describing and creating this new world for me to live in :)

Myla is amazing. Seriously, I want to be her friend. I can be her and Cissy's friend, right? Well, maybe not Cissy as much because she is such a drama queen, but she is completely loyal to Myla, so I could deal with her.

The sass that Myla has is just ridiculous and I'm always hoping that she will back talk someone every page I read :) And she is so brave. She goes to the arena ready to fight, but she also has to be in the presence of Armageddon, which is no joke to do.

Then the tension between her and Lincoln just flies off the chart!! There was so many feelings that Myla was going through and she just couldn't figure out why she was feeling that toward a guy who was obviously resenting Myla's existence.

I so loved this book and I'm very glad that I have most of the books in the series so I can dive right in and continue reading about Myla's grand adventure, now that everything has changed for her :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment