Sunday, December 16, 2018

Review: Duty Bound by Christina Bauer

Duty Bound Duty Bound by Christina Bauer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received this eARC novel from NetGalley. This is my honest review.

Lincoln, High Prince, is having a rough go at things lately. He has to leave his homeland to stay in Purgatory, because an angel requires them to. Then he has to be around demons daily, which he usually kills them - so his self restraint is being tested. He has to deal with Aldred's incompetence of leading his army, because eventually he will have all of his soldiers killed with his terrible calls. Lincoln has a plan to fix that, but it could end very badly. And now he's obsessing over a quasi demon who is keeping the doxies out of his horse stable. Out of all of this, the girl is what is on his mind over and over again. Which is silly, since Lincoln wouldn't be caught dead being attracted to a demon, right?

Life for Lincoln has always been tense - with being in line to be the next King - but right now, he's just trying to live minute by minute and figure out what is the right choice in every event.

This was a great novella! I actually read this after Angelbound because I knew it was written after the first book, and I wanted to get a feel of the world Christina Bauer created before going into a short story about a main character. And I'm so glad I did, because it gives me a whole different perspective of Lincoln! I can't believe how much he thought of Myla before he even met her! It makes every conversation between them so much better in Angelbound!

Lincoln takes on a lot of responsibility, and I can't believe what happened between him and the Accra tribe - Amazing! He is one stubborn and stern headed person, and I now know that him and Myla belong with each other.

Plus I loved being able to see him with his parents - it gives a lot of perspective to their relationship as son/parents and as husband/wife. You can tell that his mother wears the pants in their relationship :)

I'm so glad this story was created and the reader got a chance to dive into Lincoln's head :) I can't wait for the rest of the series that I'm about to dive into!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment