Friday, December 14, 2018

Review: The Boy I Grew Up With by Tijan

The Boy I Grew Up With The Boy I Grew Up With by Tijan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received this eARC. This is my honest review.

Channing has been the boy that Heather grew up with and has fallen in and out of love her whole life. She can't even imagine loving anyone else, because Channing is the guy for her.

Except he is in sketchy things with his crew - things that put Heather in danger. She can't keep getting mixed up with his business, which is why they have been on again and off again so often since high school.

And as much as Heather loves Channing, one of them needs to change their life. The question is who will make the sacrifice, and will it destroy their relationship if they have to change theirselves completely?

I was super excited to get this book, because I have been dabbling in Tijan's novels lately and have really enjoyed them. I think my only 3 stars for this book is because I was a bit lost when I started it. I knew it was a spin off of the Fallen Crest High series (which I have - just haven't read it yet) and I think that is what was wrong with my lack of emotional ties with this book. I know it's a standalone, but I think I could have gotten a lot more out of it if I had already read the previous series.

Plus Heather and Channing were getting on my NERVES. I get that life is complicated and rough for them, but for god's sake, if you want to be together then figure it out! Otherwise, get over it!

So I'm very happy that they got to the figure it out stage, even if it was a bumpy ride...

Overall, I'm glad I got a copy of this book, and I think it's going to convince me to read the Fallen Crest High series - finally! I'm very thankful that I received an eARC to get a glimpse into this world that Tijan is famous for!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment