Sunday, April 14, 2019

Review: Bully by Penelope Douglas

Bully Bully by Penelope Douglas
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Junior year in France was amazing for Tate. She want bullied by her ex-best friend the entire time. When she comes back to school for senior year, she decides shes not going to let Jared get to get. He's bullied her enough and she's over it.

And for the most part it works. But only because Tate is getting meaner when people try to make fun of her and shut her down. Tate doesn't want to beome Jared and she needs to find a way to forgive and forget. Somehow.

Then the unthinkable happens... She feels the old love she used to have for him. Before he became mean. But how can she feel anything for the guy who made her life miserable for the past 3 years. Some things just hurt too much...

I've been sitting on those book for a long time now. I've heard so many good things about it and I was worried all the hype would be for naught. Thankfully I loved it and now I'm kicking myself for not having read it sooner.

I'm really not sure how Tate forgave Jared. I seriously wouldnt have been able to. I wasnt the nicest person in high school, though, so to be bullied would have made me a pretty nasty person i think.

And the reason Jared was mean? That was ridiculous. I mean i can't imagine what Jared went through but to treat Tate liked that? No. Not cool.

I loved the car racing scene. Seeing Jared a bit freaked out, but seeing Tate in control really turned the tables for those two characters.

Three thing I didn't like the most? What her friend K. C. did. That was unbelievable and disrespectful to get friendship with Tate. She basically treated Tate like she was overreacting and that was just terrible in my opinion.

I'm really glad I got around to reading this and I feel like I may re-read it in the future. And maybe I'll fork over the money and buy the other books in the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment