Sunday, April 7, 2019

Review: Children of Blood and Bone

Children of Blood and Bone Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book really surprised me. I admit, I let the size intimidate me but honestly it didnt take me that long to read this 500+ page book. I was actually really sad when it was over.

Zelie is an amazing character. She is strong and determined but also kind hearted and sentimental. She is a complex character that really wants life to get better for everyone. She loves fully and completely and the amount of heartbreak she's been through is more than one person can stand.

The world building was amazing and the author did a great job explaining the way this world is run.

All of the characters have layers and layers of then that fall throughout the novel and you really get to understand the real character.

I also loved how this was through multiple view points so the reader gets to really see what is going on.

This author is kinda brutal to he3t characters. The second you start to love them they usually end up dead... just a forewarning!

I'm so glad I had to read this for book club because I didn't know what I was missing until now! I'm very excited for the next book to come out this year and cant wait to see what happens!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment