Monday, November 21, 2022

Review: The High Mountain Court by A.K. Mulford

The High Mountain Court The High Mountain Court by A.K. Mulford
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm getting this book from a special edition book box and decided to read it before getting it.  For the most part I enjoyed the story.  Remy is so much more than we are made to believe at the beginning of the story and her adventure to the end was really up and down.  The reader learns more about her with every chapter and a lot of pieces get put into place the more we find out. 

Remy and Hale are an interesting pairing, and they certainly keep each other on their toes around each other.  Both have mysteries they are keeping from each other which causes some doubt along the way.  Hale is very mysterious which puts everyone in a tizzy all of the time, but seeing him go from different personalities was quite a show. 

I loved Remy training with Bri.  I don't know why, but seeing her train to keep herself protected was fantastic to me. 

The ending was so bittersweet.  I couldn't imagine being reunited with someone, just to see them leave again.  Remy has sacrificed so much throughout her life that I just wanted her to have that piece back together. 

I'm definitely intrigued by the next book, but unsure when I'll be able to pick it up to continue this world.  I'm very excited to see the SE cover and I'm glad I decided to read this before getting it!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment