Sunday, May 21, 2023

Review: The Prison Healer by Lynette Noni

The Prison Healer The Prison Healer by Lynette Noni
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Okay, okay, that ending took me for a complete surprise and moved the rating of this book from a 3 to a 4, not gonna lie. 

I was kinda dragging through most of this book. The pacing was a bit too slow for me and I was wondering where is this all going? Well, now I have my answer cause that twist at the end? Kiva's personality change within one sentence? Yeah, I'm interested to see how everything pans out now.

Also, this wasn't an early copy, so I'm doing spoilers. Walk away if you don't want to know more from this point on. 

I want surprised by Jaren being the Prince. I didn't call him being that person exactly per say but I had a feeling he had magic and that's usually royalty. Him having all 4 elements? That was a bit of a surprise. 

Kiva having healing abilities and Tilda being her mother?! Those two things are blowing my mind right now! Not once did I see those happening because Kiva did not act like those things were a possibility! 

And this line at the end: "She smiled shyly back, offering no indication as to who he was leading to his city". Like, that makes Kiva DEVIOUS and she is the least devious person I've ever read about. I literally have no idea who this character is, even after reading an entire book through her viewpoint. I'm quite impressed with Lynette Noni, not gonna lie. This isn't as good as Akarnae, as least for now, but now I'm dedicated to find out how this all ends. 

So yeah, I get the hype now. I'm hoping more crazy things happen in book 2 and now I can't wait to see what happens when Jaren discovers who Kiva really is and what happens. This is going to be fun! 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment