Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Review: Rule Number Five by Jessa Wilder

Rule Number Five Rule Number Five by Jessa Wilder
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I read a short teaser excerpt on Facebook at the hockey game and the jersey mishap, and I had the need to read this book because of that alone, so I dived into it from there. 

For the most part, I enjoyed this book. I wish Sidney didn't fight their attraction for so long. Reading about characters who let circumstances dictate their life choices always gets to be a bit much for me. And even though EVERYONE can clearly see her and Jax click on a level many can only dream of, I know she had her reasons, but judging someone's choices in a sport because of ONE person in your life is wrong to me. Now if she had multiple people in her life with the same issue, yes. But one person? Give the man a shot. He proved himself over and over and over again with all of his actions on how consumed he was with Sidney.

For the moments she decided to cave into temptation, those were amazing moments. You can really feel the chemistry between these two and I loved it so much. The moments where she had reasons to avoid Jax and the amazing moments, I got annoyed. 

So overall I enjoyed this story. I especially loved how Jax fell for her instantaneously and never gave up hope. That was fantastic! 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment