Thursday, December 7, 2023

Review: Iron Flame by Rebecca Yarros

Iron Flame Iron Flame by Rebecca Yarros
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I've had this book since release day and a month after, I've read this twice now. I haven't been this obsessed over a book series for many years and I honestly am not sure how to move into another book with the emptiness I have when done. I sound dramatic, but it's true lol.

Violet is fantastic. The brain this girl has, she's always figuring things out way before anyone else and it's all thanks to her scribe life she was preparing for. People think reading books is silly, but it's not. Gathering information and learning facts will prepare a person to be equipped with everything they may need to know in a single second. 

I love Violet interacting with Tarin and Andarna. The love she has for her dragons, actually everyone in her life, is so strong and pure. She is so selfless and is always trying to save everyone but herself.

Xaden is so swoon-worthy, but also annoying. I get all of the choices he made (except the last one) but it doesn't mean I liked him during those moments. And the moments he was SHOWING Violet he loved her? Oh boy, they were convincing moments!

There is so much that happens in this novel. Yarros has a way of shoving so much info but it doesn't feel like we are bombarded with everything all at once. 

I loved all of the returning characters and all of the new characters. I'm very intrigued to see what events will happen with Aaric. I feel like he's going to have a major role soon. 

Dain left my "he can be unalived" corner and moved to my "just stay here and be quiet" corner. He can still be moved depending on what he did in the next book. Still up for debate. 

As you can see I'm still all over the place when it comes to this book, this series, but I love it so much and know I'll be rereading before book 3 is released to get immersed into this amazing world again. 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment