Saturday, November 5, 2011

Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

I'm going to do a quick overview of Hush Hush, one of my all time favorite young adult novels written by Becca Fitzpatrick. I've read this book about 5 times and now I'm reading the 3rd book that just came out Silence, but I wanted to give you an idea of the setting and subject of this series when I review the 2nd and 3rd books.

Hush Hush is about a girl, Nora, who is a junior in high school and lives a normal life. At least, it was normal before she started getting attention from the transfer student in her science class, Patch. Then things started to get a little interesting and dangerous (not particularly in a good way either).

See, Patch is a fallen angel. He lost his wings years ago and now he's set his eyes on Nora to get those wings back. This isn't the lovey-dovey attention either. Instead, Nora is part of a blood line that will inadvertently help Patch get the goal he's set out to get. I'm not going to tell you how she's supposed to help him - you can go read it for yourself to find out :-)

Along the way of getting Nora to do what Patch wants, though, comes trouble for Patch. See, he's a pretty elusive guy who wants everyone to think that he's a "tough, bad" guy. Then he starts to admire Nora.... And then he starts to feel attracted to her. Also, keep in mind that while Patch has one perception of himself, he's really good looking and mysterious to others, making him very easy to be attracted to her...

And boy do those scenes do justice for the Chemistry they have (and let me just say that science?! Enough of Twilight scenes... thank goodness this has nothing to do with vampires!)

Okay, I think that's the amount I'm going into for Hush Hush. It's an amazing book and I'm rereading the second book Crescendo for the newest installment, so keep an eye out for a new post soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment