Monday, February 6, 2012

We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han

*Note: This is the last book in the Summer Series by Jenny Han. I've reviewed both the first and second books here: The Summer I Turned Pretty and It's Not Summer Without You.

 **Second Note: I've been able to keep these reviews non spoilery, but since this is the last book in the series, THERE WILL BE SPOILERS! So, read further at your own risk.



Belly is in college now, and she's been dating Jeremiah for 2 years. They are going to school together and everything is working out well for them. That is, until Belly finds out about a secret that Jeremiah kept from her, ruining all chances of a happy ever ending.

When Belly and Jeremiah decide to work things out, Jeremiah pulls out a ring and PROPOSES to Belly!! Where she then said yes!!! (As I'm having a major heartattack right about now!)

Belly and Jeremiah decide to get married in August, before her second year of college and at the end of the summer. When both tell their families the good news, they were met with disapprovement and anger. Belly's mom thought they were too young and Jeremiah's dad didn't understand why they had to get married right away.

Oh, and Conrad. He was surprised by this news and very upset because he still loves Belly - always had.

The day before Belly and Jeremiah's wedding, Conrad tells Belly that he loves her and doesn't want her to marry Jeremiah - that he wants to be with her instead. Will Belly go through with the wedding? Will she pick Conrad over Jeremiah?

My Thoughts/Reflections
Oh, oh, oh!! This book!! I really had a heartattack when Belly said yes to Jeremiah! I've made it quite known which team I'm on (Conrad's) so when she said yes, my brain was screaming, "No! No! NO!"

I was not a happy camper.

However, after that drama was initiated, I was hoping and praying things would turn out for the best for Belly. She deserved to be happy and with Conrad's track record, he did not have a good streak, so I was happy if she was happy.

I was also excited because, like the second book of the series, one of the brothers narrated a few chapters and it WAS Conrad, so I got to see what he was thinking and feeling - something very hard to do because Conrad is very hard to read.

I'm very, very glad that I waited for this series to be concluded because I would have been a mess waiting to see what happens every new summer. I absolutely adored this series and I might have to make them a part of my personal collection.

They are fast reads and keep you on the edge of your seat - I would say it's a must read for any teen girl confused by life and love. I think that pretty much covers all teenage girls :-) Now, go get all 3 to see what happens between the trio!!

No comments:

Post a Comment