Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout

This is the second novel in the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout.

My review of #1: Obsidian.

Katy's life is upside down. Her neighbors are aliens and she's caught in the middle of an alien war between the Luxen's (the good aliens, also known as her neighbors) and the Arum's (the not so nice aliens who are trying to kill the Luxens).

Not to mention that her attraction for Daemon Black, the hot alien with smoking hot green eyes and over 6 feet tall, is off the charts and she's trying her hardest not to give in to temptation.

But after Katy helps save Daemon and Dee from an Arum attack, something has changed inside of Katy. Things are sort of...flying...without her touching them. Kinda like what Daemon and Dee can do... And that shouldn't happen if Katy was human.

The Arum is not the only thing Katy and Daemon have to worry about, now, though. The Department of Defense (DOD) is now in town. They know about Daemon and his friends from another planet and they are coming to "check up" on things.

Which means if they ever found out about Katy, things will be going down hill very quickly and Katy will be taken in for treatments...

Then a new boy comes into town, Blake, who is attached to Katy from the first instant. Something is definitely different about this boy, making Katy curious and Daemon furious with the attention Blake is giving Katy.

Can Katy control this new found power? Will she be able to help the Blacks or will her new ability hinder them? And can Katy stay away from Daemon and be with the "normal" new boy? Read Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout to find out!

My Thoughts/Reflections
It's official - I've found another amazing series and another amazing writer to obsess over!

I didn't think it could get any better than the first novel, Obsidian, but I was proven wrong, thankfully!

Sure, this novel did do the whole, "I'm gonna pretend I don't have feelings for you and ignore you while pretending I like someone else, and then have really intense, hot, steamy kissing scenes when I give in to temptation" story line.

And yes, I do hate those novels where one of the characters keeps a distance from the one they are attracted to when they OBVIOUSLY need to be together.

But somehow, Armentrout pulled it off so I didn't hate this novel.

In fact, I looked forward to those stolen kisses and when Katy lost her mind for a few minutes when kissing Daemon. But I sure do hope that the next book will involve more steamy scenes and less agonizing over the one they love.

I really liked the progressiveness of the situation with the DOD and the Arum's. Katy's new found power causes a lot of tension but she is trying her best to do what is right and she has nothing but Daemon's best interest at heart.

Also, I never mentioned in the first review, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that Katy is a book lover and a blogger. It makes me smile every time she has a little dance when new books come in the mail and when she does her "In My Mailbox" videos - especially the one where Daemon hosted as well.

It must be the inner book nerd in me. Oh well.

So if you haven't figured it out by now, I think everyone should read these books and any books by Jennifer L. Armentrout - even though I've only read these two novels so far.

But if her other novels are anything like these, I know I will fall automatically in love with them and will need my own copies (which I will be getting the Lux series for my own personal library at home, btw).

I'm ecstatic that the third novel, Opal, is coming out in December, 2012. Yes, it's still 3 months away, but it's not a year and I will be ordering this novel for the library I work at and will be THE FIRST person to read our copy.

I am going to use my librarian super powers to the max and make sure I read it as soon as physically possible.

Go get this book - this series - right away.

You won't be disappointed! (Or I hope not; otherwise I'll feel bad for straying you to an AMAZING book that you didn't enjoy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment