Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

This is the first novel in the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout.
 
Katy doesn't want to move. She especially doesn't want to move from Florida to a small nothing town in West Virginia.
But after her father's death, her mother needs to start over and start living again, which is hard to do in the apartment they had with him. So moving they are doing.

At first, it seemed like it could be alright. The next door neighbors include two teens her age, one girl and one guy. Dee, the girl, is an instant friend, which is good news for Katy. And the guy, Daemon, is smoking hot. Yes, she could get used to this arrangement.

Until Daemon opens his mouth and insults are flying out. Then Katy wishes she never laid eyes on Daemon, no matter how good looking he was.

Her neighbors aren't who they seem to be, though. Strange things occur when Katy is around them, things she can't explain.

And their friends, the triplets Ashley, Andrew and Adam, are the same way.

Then Katy finds out that they are aliens.

Which is weird enough except now she has traces of their magic clinging to her skin, attracting other aliens who are trying to kill her new neighbors.

So her plan of staying away from the annoying, infuriating neighbor boy goes up in smoke because he is the strongest of the 5 and has to be near her at all times in case the Arum, the bad aliens, decides to go after Katy while the trace of magic is still on her skin, lighting her up like a Christmas tree.

Basically she is stuck with him for awhile.

Things start to go downhill, though, when Katy is attacked by the Arum. Can Daemon protect both Katy and his family from the Arum, or will Katy be a liability that will get someone killed? Read Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout to find out!

My Thoughts/Reflections
Oh. My. I've read amazing reviews about this series so I had high expectations when going into this novel.

And I was definitely not disappointed! It was everything that I wanted and I got even more!!

Also, I have to say that I am a devoted fan of the TV show Roswell from awhile ago. I was a little late in the fan club, but I have gotten there and I'll always be a fan. This book reminded me of it so much that it's no wonder I loved it so much!

Only it was better because I could enjoy the reactions myself when reading :)

So, Katy. She is one tough lady. Instead of running screaming for the hills when she found out that aliens actually do exist, she decides to stick around and learn more about their history, while also saving Daemon from a few sticky situations.

And Daemon. Oh, Daemon. He tried so very hard to be a jerk to Katy. And he was, but he always gave in to the nice, sweet Daemon just enough to keep Katy coming back for more, which I'm grateful for.

I'm not sure how to explain this novel. The attraction/chemistry is off the charts, the alien fight scenes were great, and the storyline was amazing.

I currently have the next book in the series in my possession, so you know I'm jumping into that right away to continue this great chemistry attraction between the two characters. I just wish I would have waited until the 3rd novel was out because I will be wanting more, I'm sure, but the end of the next book.

Ladies - this is a must read. A. Must. Read. I got this from the library, but I think I'll be buying it soon to add to my collection of novels that I reread just for the pleasure of it. Because I will be rereading this again in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment