Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Timepiece by Myra McEntire

This is the second book in the Hourglass series by Myra McEntire.

My review of #1: Hourglass.


Kaleb Ballard has always felt distant from everyone, but now his mother is in a coma, Michael, (his adoptive brother), is with Emerson all of the time, and his father, back from the dead, is keeping more secrets from Kaleb and sharing them with Michael, he feels lost in the crowd.

When he meets a feisty Tiger on Halloween only to find out that she's Emerson's best friend, Lily, things start to look up.

Well, at least for Kaleb's love life.

In fact, Jack is changing time zones even more now, causing anyone with a time gene in their DNA to see rips, images from the past and future.

The Hourglass society gets together to try and figure out what Jack is looking for. And they start taking major risks because, if they don't, the life that they know now will not be the same if Jack gets what he wants.

Can Kaleb and the rest of the Hourglass group find the device Jack is looking for before him? Will it be enough to keep their time frame the same? Or did Jack mess up time too much to be reversible? Read Timepiece by Myra McEntire to find out!

My Thoughts/Reflections
At the end of my review for Hourglass, I said that I really didn't enjoy it. While I was leery about reading this novel, I wanted to see if it was better because it also has a different narrator!

I love Kaleb. He appears a bad boy with his leather jacket, piercings, tattoos and tall, built frame, but inside he just wants to be loved and to protect the ones that he loves.

So I did enjoy this novel a little bit better than the first. I didn't have to read Emerson complaining all of the time.

I liked where the story went with the Hourglass society and it was a great build-up for the next novel.

I think this was a great addition to the series and now I'm excited to read the third novel, Infinityglass, when it comes out in June 2013.

For anyone who enjoys time travel and a mystery story, I would definitely recommend this to you! It would be better if you read the first novel to fully understand the story dealing with the Hourglass, even though I wasn't a fan of the first one.

For those that didn't enjoy the first novel, I would suggest giving this a try as it is a little different and might make you a believer of Myra McEntire's writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment